× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Images not showing

Mehr
28 Mär 2010 01:55 #1117

Ive now managed to change the permissions, but it has not helped or solved the problem.

I think a clue to the problem is that the image on the home page which is not kiss related is also not working.

Do you have any other ideas of what this may be please?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Mär 2010 00:42 #1116

Thanks for getting back to me.

I\'m just trying to do this now, but i\'m having a bit of a problem finding the image rights you are talking about.

Please would you be able to explain in more detail where to find these? Do i go through kiss, or through joomla media manager? Or somewhere else?

Thanks

Mehr
26 Mär 2010 13:15 #1098

Hi Sally,
If the images are present and KISS Advertiser does not show them, it is usually a rights problem. Try to access the folder <joomla-root>/images/ksadvertiser and check which upload- and image rights it has. The rights should be at least 0750, better is 0755. Try to set the rights for this and all subfolders accordingly. Upon creation of the image folder, KISS Advertiser tries to set the rights to 0755. However some servers do not allow this for security reasons.
Not yet. At the moment we are writing a manual in German, after that we will try to find someone to translate it in English.

Please use our support forum, we try to help you wherever we can.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
26 Mär 2010 00:54 #1094

Hi

I\'ve just installed Kiss Advertiser on my site, and tried to list my first categories which i think i have done. Then i tried to add a photo to one of them, but i cant seem to get it to work on there. There entire Kiss advertiser folder is full of images which have red crosses on them and will not show.

When i try to add an image into this folder it will not show, but when i try to add the same image into the main joomla folder under joomlas media manager, it shows fine.

Its as if Kiss advertiser is stopping the images from showing in its folder. Can anyone help with this please?

Also, is there a user manual in english for beginners anywhere?

Many thanks

Sally