× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

promising start , some errors and comments

Mehr
12 Apr 2010 11:32 #1266

This error occurs usually when a SEF component is running. SEF components change relative links to search engine friendly absolute links. Because the KISS Advertiser popup window tries to access the image via a relative link (which is handled by Joomla) but the SEF has changed this link, the popup window looses its ability to find the correct location.

We are trying to fix this, however there are some SEF components with different behaviours which makes it hard to cover all possible situations.

If possible, try to temporarily switch off the SEF links handling and look whether the error is still present.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Apr 2010 13:53 #1264

Testuser-1 wrote:Any solution to this problem ? I\'m having similar problems with the pop up viewer not displaying images

Mehr
08 Apr 2010 10:23 #1253

If it uses a common folder, but no one can see anyone else\'s pictures, it does just the same as KISS Advertiser. KISS creates a common folder (ksadvertiser or whatever you name it) and in this common folder a private folder for each user so that no one can access other userr\'s images.

Another way to solve this issue would be to place all images in a common folder and assign the user id to each image so that other users can see, but not access the images. Is this what you would like to see in the component?

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
08 Apr 2010 08:30 #1252

I like how each user has their own image folder. It keeps things organized on your server. I do agree that the upload form should look more like admanager so they can just upload the images and be finished.

Mehr
08 Apr 2010 00:44 #1251

going back to adsmanager again , it uses a common folder afaik , and no one can see anyone else\'s pictures

it just wants to be like ebay , members gets option to add picture and then option to add another , the way it is atm would just cause al sorts of problems , my members have trouble walking and whistling :silly:

Mehr
07 Apr 2010 19:48 #1247

In one of the early versions of this component, we had the pictures uploaded to the regular common /images/stories folder . Many (and really many) users complainted about that because in this case \"anyone can see, change and even delete\" images uploaded by other users. That is why we decided to give each user a private folder.

Images are deleted automatically when an ad has expired.
OK, we could add a configuration option where the admin can select how many images are possible to be uploaded ad once.

Letzte Änderung: 07 Apr 2010 19:49 von Reservist.