× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

\"Could not instantiate mail function\"

Mehr
21 Apr 2010 18:30 #1357

Yes, I forgot to mention that this error also occurs with non-existing email addresses.The name of the folder doesn\'t really matter. The rights of the folders should be set to 0750. But for some servers it is important that they are first set to 0777 and then to 0750. Don\'t know why but it works.Recursively means the main folder and all it\'s subfolders. When you set the rights with your provider\'s user interface there should be an option checkbox named \'recursively\' or similar.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
21 Apr 2010 16:41 #1355

Ok, thanks.

I think the mail function error is caused by my test user having a false email address \"test@mydomain.com\" which doesn\'t actually exist. That\'s ok.

The second error when viewing a complaint, that\'s still there!

No I don\'t normally mess with these, unless advised to.

Ok, firstly, I changed the name of the folder to something more random when i installed the component. Secondly, do you mean 0750? I guess that makes sense, meaning the \'world\' cannot access it but joomla etc can to diplay the contents?

Sorry, by recursively you mean from the top level down? eg images to 777, then 755; then /images/ksadvertiser to 777 then 750? Do I need to do anything with the user folders within /images/ksadvertiser?

Thank you in advance (I appreciate some of this should be common knowledge!)

G

Mehr
21 Apr 2010 16:08 #1354

If you get an error message \"Could not instantiate mail function\" it should be due to your provider\'s mailserver settings. We had the same problem in this web portal when our provider had switched off our mailserver due to massive spam and phishing attacks.These error messages report errors thrown from the file system. There seems to be a problem while creating or manipulating directories or images.

Did you already try to adjust the file system rights? Please try to set the KISS Advertiser\'s image directory (usually <joomla-root>/images/ksadvertiser) to 0777 first and then to 0750. Set the rights recursively, so that all subdirectories will inherit the same rights.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
21 Apr 2010 14:51 #1353

Hi (again),

I just sent myself a test complaint which generated this message (see post subject) (I think I might have just thought of why), is this related to the users email (the user submitting the complaint) not having a valid email address?

I also get this message when viewing the complaint in the back-end:

* JFTP::mkdir: Bad response
* JFTP::chmod: Bad response
* JFolder::create: Could not create image directory

Is this related to my problem of the image uploader not displaying (as per previous post) or something else? There was no image in the advert.

Neither does it display the ad in its entirity, showing only the description (not title or info), the address, username, telephone and price. It does publish the complaint after saving though.

Thanks

G