× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Could not instantiate mail function for non member

Mehr
04 Jun 2010 11:23 #1664

Thank you for your valuable information, we will test it like you did and find a solution for that.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
04 Jun 2010 00:58 #1661

Hi

The error occurs if the person who places the advert has put a valid email in the add.
It also happens of the person trying to contact the advertiser is logged in or not.

I can replicate the problem by manually setting the user_id in the advert to \"0\" to simulate a person who is not logged in placing an ad, and fix it by inserting a valid user id.

I don\'t know if this is as a result of upgrades as I have used the component for some time. I\'m now using the commercial version and have the same issue.

It is only an issue for guests who have placed adds, not members.

If there is any more I can do to help trace the issue please let me know.

Regards

Jan

Mehr
03 Jun 2010 13:41 #1659

When a user clicks on \"Contact Advertiser\", the component tries to send the user\'s email to the email address given in the advert. If a user has not email address left in the advert, this error might occur.

Does this error occur with every advert? Could you check the advert in the database? Is there an email address missing?

In the PRO version you can adjust the fields. You should set the email field always as mandatory to avoid empty email address fields.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
02 Jun 2010 23:04 #1658

Hi

I have just installed version .48 and the \"Could not instantiate mail function\" for non members still exists. Is there anything else I should have done?

Regards

Jan

Mehr
31 Mai 2010 19:49 #1645

We will have fixed this problem with the next version. We have added the possibility for anonymous users to reply to ads and did not adjust the mail administration accordingly.
If you have community builder installed, the integration is made automatically. KISS Advertiser tries to place a link to the CB user\'s profile by clicking on the CB comprofiler logo. Unfortunately this does not yet work reliably, we hope to fix it with the next version.

Mehr
31 Mai 2010 13:54 #1640

Hi

Having opened up our site for non members to place adverts, we now have the error message \"Could not instantiate mail function\" when someone tries to reply to an email placed by a non member (i.e. anyone who has not logged in)

The only difference I can see in the database is that non members have a \"0\" in the userid field, so I would expect it to use the contact email address in the add details rather than try to use the one supplied buy the user details.

This problem appears to be recent, and at the same time we have

CB User Profile
Contact\\\'s name xxxxxxxxxx

appearing in the contacts details, yet there is no integration with Community Builder set anywhere.

Regards

Jan

www.blackwatersailingclub.org.uk

Letzte Änderung: 31 Mai 2010 13:59 von Grey Sheep.