× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

1.5.48 - CAPTCHA (or apparent lack of it)

Mehr
17 Jun 2010 12:17 #1779

The captcha function works with the standard character sets of the client\'s system. Unfortunately there are no bigger characters in the standard char sets. We are trying to set up other captcha characters, but this will be more complicated in code and will probably not work on all systems. That is why we have implemented a function which uses the standard character sets (which will be safe on all systems).

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
16 Jun 2010 19:10 #1776

I CHAPTHA works well, but the characters are very small, this can not be set?

Anhänge:

Mehr
02 Jun 2010 20:54 #1657

You weren\' t that wrong, I have to apologize because I gave you a deprecated information. Complaints can be placed by guests, too. We have changed this - in former times it wasn\'t possible, but many users asked to offer the complaint possibility to guests as well.

Complaints are possible for all visitors
\'Contact Advertiser\' is possible for all, but configurable for certain usergroups by admin.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
02 Jun 2010 17:13 #1656

So I was completely wrong hahahaha!

Apologies, off to revise my installation!

:laugh:

Mehr
02 Jun 2010 16:56 #1655

The \'contact advertiser\' form is accessible to guests if configured in the admin panel. The complaint form is accessible to registered users and above only because it is useful to know at least the user name if someone places a complaint - just to avoid unwanted indignities or spoof entries.

Mehr
02 Jun 2010 16:27 #1654

Thanks!

That sounds all terribly reasonable!

Sorry if it sounded like I thought you hadn\'t considered the alternatives!

I guess (if I\'m right in thinking) that the complaint form is available to guests, but the \'contact advertiser\' form is adjustable as far as access level is concerned?

Bye for now

G