× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Delete Ad rights when with no more Ad credits

Mehr
17 Dez 2010 11:42 #2932

We have already thought about the issue when an ads plan should run out of ad credits.

Some people say: When the customer buys let\'s say 5 ads and all ads are placed the credit has run out and the customer must buy another package of ads.

Some people say: It\'s fairer when the customer can place another ads for free if some of the 5 ads are deleted because the package is bought for a certain period of time rather than for a certain number of ads.

We made a decision for the second solution as the KISS Advertiser component is very often used on non-profit or low-profit community sites rather than on commercial sites.

So it is not easy for us as programmers to serve all wishes. The best way would be to add a setting option in the plan\'s configuration. However this would be another step to more complexity. We will think about a solution for this issue.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
17 Dez 2010 02:55 #2929

Dear Support
I could not find this on the forum sorry if it has already been raised.
I am still using version 1.5.58 will upgrade v.soon.
Can you tell me why even though in the config min level to delete is set to Registered User a Registered User can not remove or edit ads if they have no ad credits available to them.
While my site is becoming populated an ad has a life duration of 60 days. If a Registered User has purchased lets say 5 credits and uses them all up (AD Credits = 0), it appears that as soon as (Ads Credits = 0) they can not edit or delete any of their existing ads, even though the config is set to min delete registered user.
If I increase the Ad Credit to 1 available they can Edit or Delete their own ad.

Bearing in mind that if a register user purchases 5 Ad Credits and deletes one, or two , or three, or four of them as if they have sold the item(s) within the 60 day Ad duration, will it be so that they can continue posting Ads until they reach 5 consecutive Ads again - and then can not delete them until they are credited the sixth Ad or they rebuy a package.

Sorry this sounds confusing but tried my best to explain.
What I need is for the component to recognise they had 5 credits and even if they delete one (because they sold the item and no longer wish to advertise it) - they can not place a further an ad for free without purchasing an ad package.

If this is solved in new version please let me know

kind regards
Haydn

Letzte Änderung: 17 Dez 2010 02:56 von Haydn.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.