× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

New idea: restrict search by categories.

Mehr
11 Jun 2011 19:08 #4067

I agree, in fact I need to do this. If anyone knows how, please help us. Thanks.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
03 Jun 2011 12:29 #4030

Hi Doc,

here I am with a new idea for ksadvertiser component. I would like to help you coding this, but I don\'t have any idea about programming, so I can help you to perform it with my ideas.

Imagine this situation and you are using the search functions of ksadvertiser:

1) you are looking for a flat in Barcelona. So, you can choose the region Spain->Catalunya->Barcelona.

2) you select to see the ads ordered by price.

3) and in ad text you set \"barcelona\".

If you now click the search button, you will get all the ads from all the categories. But you don\'t wan\'t that. You don\'t want to see the ads relating vehicles, or jobs. You only want flats.

So, I propose you to add a new field in the search function: a field where the user can choose the category interested in.

With that performance, even if the user only introduces the region \"Spain->Catalunya->Barcelona\", if he chooses the category \"flats to rent\", he will get only ads of this category, an no one from others.

Your serach module is very powerful, but with this performance, and restricting results you will make it very friendly too.

Thanks for your work, and best regards.

Moha.
www.videoanuntis.com

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.