Urgent help - 1.5.61 pro no field titles appearing

Mehr
20 Jan 2011 17:45 #3314

We have not had such problem yet, it seems to be a language file problem because some strings are displaying correctly, some (most of them) not.

The language files react oddly when being typed in a wrong format. It must be UTF-8. If you edit the file with a windows editor, it could be the reason.

Other reason could be some unescaped characters. For example the quote characters \" and \' should always be escaped just like \\\" and \\\'

Sometimes this leads to an unwanted display (as KISS Advertiser displays i.e. \"Owner\\\'s Address\") but the file will be safe.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
20 Jan 2011 13:39 #3309

I have not copied the languge file back over yet - due to each time I upgrade I have to re-edit it. (it would be good to have some way of backup restoring this but I assume you can not due to new releases having more language file lines..
I only edit the i.e. something=\"xxxxxx\" lines. My current langauge file does not appear to have a line that for example has xxxx=Category anyway which is one of Overview tabs field labels that is displaying correctly. Just out of interest have you added red star * for mandatory in the latest? could this be why? I am a little puzzed myself.
I also have labels missing in both Info Tab and Contact Tabs when creating a new ad.

So before i re-install the KISS non edited language file have you any further ideas on this problem? Has anyone else mentioned it?

thanks in advance
Haydn

Mehr
17 Jan 2011 22:44 #3292

:huh: Ummm.... :S Honestly speaking I do not really know what the problem could be.
Are all field labels gone? Or only those on the first tab.
If all field labels are lost, you might have damaged or deleted the language file, in this case just copy the language file en-GB.com_ksadvertiser.ini to the language directory.

But I do not believe that this is the problem as KISS Advertiser should at least display the label ressources which are part of the controller file - rather than displaying nothing. It\'s odd that \'category\' is being displayed and all other ressources are gone.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.
Letzte Änderung: 17 Jan 2011 22:46 von Reservist.

Mehr
17 Jan 2011 19:38 #3288

Really need help !!!!

Mehr
17 Jan 2011 19:31 #3284

I need to find how to put the field labels on - my helpers do not know what to fill in! HELP

Is it in the language file????

Mehr
14 Jan 2011 19:24 #3276

Hi Support
a bit of an urgent request - new version 1.5.61 is not showing field titles /labels when posting a new ad.

do you have any quick help to solve this?

regards
Haydn

Anhänge:
Letzte Änderung: 15 Jan 2011 10:28 von Haydn.