× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Trying to use & things to fix

Mehr
25 Mär 2010 18:38 #1087

We will check this and we must overwork the submitbutton function anyway as it does not really work as it should. With one of the next versions this problem should be fixed.No need to add a user manually because KISS Advertiser recognizes a registered user automatically. Only customers must added manually if this is not already done upon payment (normally it is done automatically after the customer has paid using PayPal). This applies only to paid ads models. If your advertisers use the free ads model, there is no need to add the user to the KISS Advertiser users panel because registered users are automatically assigned to the free ads model - as long as they are not booked to a paid model.In one of the next versions we will add a field configuration feature. Then any fields are configurable to be displayed or not.We want to check this. Where does the bug occur? There are more than one footer.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
25 Mär 2010 17:39 #1083

Hi, thx Doc for your response :)
I\'ve tried with IE FF & Opera and got the same issue (with javascript enable) :( apparently the \"submitbutton\" function may have trouble with unregistered users
Ok , haven\'t see this option in the models (really interesting thing). But is it possible to automatically add a registered user ? Now, apparently we must add users manually ?
Concerning the picture, we obtain a blank space (with a red cross in IE). A way to show a blank one instead or something else (or an option I haven\'t see yet)?
ok, one more request for this :) is it possible to select yes by default ?
ok ty
Understand, can\'t really blame you, haven\'t see that the license has became nc-nd and that ksadvertiser.html.php must stay like it is.
But there is a \"bug\" with the footer, I have :and the href is on Upload (with a 404 error)

Many thanks (and again, nice component, really :))

Mehr
25 Mär 2010 14:02 #1078

Hi DrEvil,

due to many license violations in the past we were forced to protect the major core files. For this reason it is no longer possible to make unauthorised changes to the file ksadvertiser.html.php.

All other files in the frontend can be changed as you like.

We hope for your understanding.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
24 Mär 2010 21:45 #1075

Hi, I understand the license policy, although at the moment I tried to fix some minor issues within the code and I got that message too... Disregarding the fact that I did not alter the footer. For example, I got an undefined variable \"i\" warning in the ksadvertiser.html.php. The variable defined was actually \"j\", but the loop referred to \"i\". I only fixed this and I got the license alteration warning afterwards.
Thanx

Mehr
24 Mär 2010 20:00 #1074

Usually the submit button works with javascript. If you have javascript disabled in your browser, it won\'t work. We will check if there is a bug.You can disable the image option via the models. You have one default (free ads) model, where by default 1 image is allowed. You may create one model for all users and one model for registered users. Configure model 1 to be accessible by all users and with 0 images. Configure model 2 to be accessible only by registered users and with 1 image.To delete tabs is not possible. But the advertiser can disable the contact information display by setting -show address information- to No.When ads are outdated, they are deactivated. If you click Prune, KISS Advertiser looks for outdated (free, not paid) ads. If outdated ads are found, they will be deleted. Paid ads are not being deleted, they are only deactivated.It is not (yet) possible to deactivate the price by default. However, if the user does not enter a price or the price is Zero, no price information will be displayed.Due to our license policy, it is not allowed to change the copyright footer. Removing the footer requires a commercial license.

Mehr
24 Mär 2010 12:48 #1072

Hi there !
first, thanks for this component, really useful !

I try to use it for one of my websites, but need a few help to fix things don\'t really fit to what I want to offer & bugs I have.

- first, I want to allow the possibility for unregistered users to post ads, so no problem, but the submit button on front-end doesn\'t work - so I can\'t post a new ad :blink:

- I want to disallow the image option for unregistered users. Will it be possible ?

- is it possible to delete the tabs easily ? Concerning tabs, I don\'t have the contact one in the frontend

- what is prune exactly ?

- and last for the moment :) , I want to disable the price thing everywhere, an easy trick ?

Many thanks for your responses

edit : other things

I try to correct the footer, I\'ve got : \" Upload\">Back to Categories \" with an error link, but if I try to fix it, I\'ve got \"UNAUTHORIZED LICENSE ALTERATION\" in the control panel, & I need reinstall the component :( a way to proceed ?
& is it possible to delete the version number after \"powered by KISS Advertiser\" in the footer ?
TY

Letzte Änderung: 24 Mär 2010 14:56 von m76.