× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Failure to upload and install in Joomla 3.2

More
09 May 2016 09:04 #6720

The file/directory permissions refer to the web server, not to windows. Please read the server manual for more information.
The 'locked' symbol refers to a function in the Pro-Version where users can temporarily lock their items. Then they are no longer visible to the public, however they should be visible to their owner in his acount list. By default, items are not locked.

We will check whether this function has something to do with your problem.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2016 12:54 #6719

I'm struggling to find out how to change permissions in Windows 7 and I don't understand the numbering system you describe. I don't have any other permissions problems with other components so why should it be a server issue? I've noticed however when I look a the items as "administrator" then there is a key next to each item suggesting the items are "locked". I can't find any way in the configuration settings to unlock them.

More
03 May 2016 17:39 #6718

If you cannot see the items in frontend, it is commonly an expiry or view rights issue. Have you installed the sample data? Sample data are installed with the administrator as owner. That means, the administrator can edit them but they are visible to the public in frontend.

Please check the expiry date of the items. You see the date in the list of items in backend.

If you can see the items in frontend as administrator but NOT as public user, it could be a user rights issue on your server. Please check the user access rights on your server, especially for image files. Image files are stored in the directory /media/ksadvertiser/images and their subdirectories such as users/<user number>

The access rights for directories should be 0755. File rights should be 0640.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
03 May 2016 15:50 #6717

I've managed to install the software locally and it all seems to work ok except I can only see the listed items if I am logged in as administrator. I cannot get the items to be visible as a member of the public.

Any suggestions?

Don

More
26 Apr 2016 15:02 #6716

The files are not the same as shown in the tutorial because the tutorial covers the old Joomla 1.5 version. In Joomla 3.x the files are different but the procedure is the same.

The package works, it is tested in several server conditions.

Most likely your local server has some incompatible settings. Please check your PHP and MySQL version, Joomla 3.x and KISS Advertiser requires at least PHP 5.3 and MySQL 5.5. Another source of errors could be the user rights and the directory ownership on your server. Please check your server's user access rights (should be 0755 for directories) and the ownership (should be the FTP user, NOT the webserver).

More
25 Apr 2016 15:38 #6715

I'm using Joomla 3.2 on a local machine and cannot get KS Advertiser to install from packaged file. I've tried the alternative option of unpacking the file and copying to the tmp directory but this doesn't work either. The files are not the same as those shown on your website. Any help much appreciated.