× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

problems on install

Mehr
20 Mai 2011 13:39 #3971

Hi Mark,

thank you for your information, we will check the installation routine about the XMAP issue. Usually the installer looks for the xmap component and - if installed - installs the KISS Advertiser xmap extension. This is managed by the following

jimport(\'joomla.application.component.helper\');
$component = \'com_xmap\';
$com = &JComponentHelper::getComponent( $component, true )->enabled;
if(!$com)
{
$msg = JText::_(\'Component not found\').\": \".$component;
break;
}
$userfile = $path.DS.$file;
$tempdir = JPATH_ROOT.DS.tempnam(\'tmp\',$file);
JArchive::extract($userfile,$tempdir);
$dest = JPATH_ROOT.DS.\'administrator\'.DS.\'components\'.DS.\'com_xmap\'.DS.\'extensions\';
JFolder::copy ($tempdir,$dest,null,true);		
... which means:
1. Look whether component exists and is enabled
2. If not, throw message \'Not found\'
3. If yes, extract the KISS Advertiser xmap extension from the ZIP file
4. Copy the extracted file to the xmap extensions directory.

Maybe a problem occurs if the directory <joomla-root>/administrator/components/com_xmap/extensions does not exist, is renamed or is unwritable

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
19 Mai 2011 19:56 #3968

Ok, here is what I found out.

On a failed partial install the component appears to be installed but isn\'t.

Uninstall doesn\'t work and your site is left in a \'dirty\' state requiring the manual removal of database tables, components, plugins and all the other stuff that it installs. Consider including a README file which details all the extra 3rd party items that this installs so that people can remove them if they run into problems.

I think the cause of the failed install was possibly due to me already having xmap installed. I removed this and tried again and it installed.

Maybe the installer needs to build in a few sanity checks first?

I hope this feedback is helpful to the developer. I\'m going to see how I get on with my install now!

Mark

Mehr
19 Mai 2011 15:50 #3967

It is Aprelium running on Windows so won\'t be permissions.

I\'ll download the new version and see if I have any better luck installing and using that one. Will report back.

Mehr
19 Mai 2011 13:08 #3963

It seems to be a right management problem on your server. Check the directory rights. Are you running the component on a local server such as XAMPP? They are known for their restrictive configuration and sometimes cause problems as described by you.
Meanwhile we have fixed this, the new version is ready for download in our repository.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
18 Mai 2011 23:14 #3956

well, I also tried copying all the files from the adminstrator folder of the install and the components folder of the install to the relevant places too in case there were some missing. This hasn\'t made a difference.

I also added a new payment plan in the backend and tried setting one of my customers to that plan and it won\'t hold.

I can\'t add customers either, they refuse to save.

And I experienced the problem reported elsewhere where the user is logged out after placing an advert.

This looks like a great component but I can\'t use it at the moment. I\'ll keep an eye out for the next version. I might\'ve been interested in the paid version too. oh well.

Mehr
18 Mai 2011 16:41 #3953

I tried that too and got the same problem. Is there a debug setting in the code that might indicate at what point the error occurs?

p.s. I noticed there was a test mode on the Worldpay option but not on Paypal - should be easy enough to add - if I make the change to the code (is that permissable) would be happy to send back.