× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Max number of ads reached. You may book more.

Mehr
27 Mai 2010 14:08 #1618

No problem.

I just want to make sure I was clear.

I was trying to re-assign the plan after expiry within the component control panel.

When I select the plan and choose \'published\' etc and save it remains unpublished and does not select the plan as previously subscribed.

Perhaps this will work better via the PayPal IPN?

Gotta dash, may expand on this shortly

G

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
27 Mai 2010 11:40 #1617

We added a field named \"adsleft\" to the customers table. If a user books a plan (model), he/she is registered as a customer. In this moment, the \"adsleft\" field is set to the value of the booked model, let\'s say 10. Now the user can place 10 ads until the plan\'s contingent is exhausted.

When exhausted, the component says: \"...you may book more\". The user should then be able to book the same model again. In this case, the field \"adsleft\" is increased by 10 and the user can place another 10 ads - regardless of the model\'s contingent (which says that it is exhausted).

The field \"adsleft\" is set to 999 when ...
a customer or a plan (model) is saved after alteration AND
the plan\'s ads-per-period contingent minus the customer\'s placed ads is less or equal to 0

... to allow the user to place the maximum number of ads.

(Please note: This function is still in test mode, we are not yet sure whether it works reliably. We appreciate your testing experience.)

Thanks for your report.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
27 Mai 2010 02:07 #1616

Hi,

I just had a look at this feature (great that you are implementing it!).

The plan I had was set as:

1 ad
1 image
Published for 365 days
Plan validity also 365 days

To allow the advertiser to buy new ads, the plan must expire, so, assuming they publish within 2 days of ordering the plan I set the plan validity period to 2. (I am also assuming the ad from the previous subscription will remain valid for the 365 days?

So:

1 ad
1 image
Published for 365 days
Plan validity 2 days

This alteration caused my \'user\' to revert to the free plan as expected (which now shows 999 ads remaining - is this new?) but I cannot manually republish them to the plan they were previously on. I hope this makes sense!?!

I can only assume it would trigger correctly via a new PayPal subscription? Or is there a gremlin in the system?

Thanks

G

Mehr
25 Mai 2010 12:37 #1594

Currently there is no way to get around this due to the plan management.

If a user books a plan, he/she can book more but only plans of higher value. This avoids that the site owner had to establish an invoice / credit note system and book-keeping if the user would be able to downgrade.

However it should be a minor change to the programming code to make it possible that users can reorder the plan they are currently using.

Aphorismen sind nicht wie Sie glauben, altgriechische Trinkgefäße, sondern Speisen und Getränke zur Steigerung des sexuellen Verlangens.

Mehr
24 Mai 2010 12:56 #1593

Hi,

I created a plan, which is basically for one ad which will remain for one year or until deleted by the user.

However, I\'d like them to be able to purchase subsequent ads (more singles).

They get the messages \'Max number of ads reached. You may book more.\' But they can\'t!

Is there a way round this?

Thanks and regards

G