× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

KISS GooSence causes 500 error

Mehr
28 Aug 2017 12:44 #7031

You're welcome, that was indeed also the reason why I wanted to post here how I fixed it :)

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Aug 2017 12:33 #7029

Good job! Thank you for the information, it will help users facing similar problems.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
27 Aug 2017 17:27 #7028

I was able to resolve the issue. I created a new ad unit in Google Adsense, with the setting "responsive", and set it also to "responsive" in the module settings, and now ads are being shown.

Thanks for the help!

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: DocChicago

Mehr
24 Aug 2017 12:01 #7022

Since we have nothing changed on the module and it works flawlessly on many Joomla installation, I would guess that it's a PHP or server issue. Try PHP 7.0 rather than 7.1 and allow your server to access remote websites. e.g. PHP setting 'allow_url_fopen = true'.

Have you already tried to set the Joomla error messages to 'Maximum' or 'Development'? Maybe it reports some more information. Also try to get some information from your browser (Javascript logs etc.)

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
22 Aug 2017 20:40 #7021

Hello,

I know it's been awhile, but I was finally able to have my website moved to a new server with an up-to-date php version. Recently I also upgraded to Joomla 3 succesfully.

I tried installing Kiss GooSence again. It no longer gives me a 500 error or any other errors, but it also doesn't display any google ads. It simply displays nothing (no blank area either where the google ads are supposed to be), but the browser keeps trying to load something for a long time.

What can the cause of this problem be?
I have double checked the Publisher ID and it's definitely correct.

Mehr
04 Apr 2017 09:38 #6995

Usually the module causes no issues with Joomla 2.5 or Joomla 3.x. We didn't make any changes to the new module except for the multi-user extension.

For Joomla 2.5 and 3.x, a PHP version of 5.6 is recommended. The least required version is 5.3, however with this version it cannot be guaranteed that all components will work flawlessly. We cannot exclude problems with this version on certain server constellations. The database version of 5.5.3 should cause no problems.

See Joomla Technical Requirements

Letzte Änderung: 04 Apr 2017 09:41 von DocChicago.