× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Does the customer module get populated via?

Mehr
06 Sep 2010 14:00 #2195

Thanks again
this sounds quite obvious that it would be the way it will work - but unfortunatley, for some reason this did not work. When my testing collegue clicked the RETURN TO MERCHANT button on paypal it did return him to my site. However, previously mentioned his account was not upgraded nor di he appear on the Cusomter module. For the record I did ask him to login in and out of the site too to check - but it still did not work but quite happily took his payment.
Is there any reason why this may not work in my instance? I am geting a llittle worried as i want to launch the site in the next two weeks.
kind regards
Haydn

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
05 Sep 2010 12:07 #2193

Upon payment it is important that users click the return link on the paypal payment site. There is a link called \"Back to <siteowner>\". After payment you should have clicked this link to be redirected to the owner\'s site. If so, KISS Advertiser checks the return link given by paypal and then automatically generates the customer account.

Many customers unfortunately do not use this link to get back to KISS Advertiser but close the Paypal window instead. In this case no link is returned to KISS Advertiser and the component is unable to recognize the customer.

However, an email message is returned to the site owner that the payment has been made. In this case the site owner must create the customer account manually.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
05 Sep 2010 01:44 #2190

Thank you so much for getting back to me on this.
I am still very puzzled as I still can not get the paid user to AUTOMATICALLY be entered in the Customer Module.
I temporarily hosted the site for testing - I have had two friends use paypal to test it for me (cost them a £10 each),everything on the payment side was okay but they could not advertise an item. I assume that as they do not appear in the Customer module, nor has the My Account tab changed from Default Account Package to Paid Package that it is not working as it should or as I would have hoped.

As mentioned above I am using Community Builder as my registration and profile module. I have change the name format in CB to First and Last Name fields from Single Name to see if this would synchronise any better but it has not.

Where should I go from here?
Any help would be most appreciated.

I am seriously considering purchasing the component but i really need to see this working first for my site.

with kind regards
Haydn

Mehr
28 Aug 2010 19:26 #2172

KISS Advertiser regards only paying users as customers. All other users are regarded as users and they do not need to be registered as customers - however you may do this manually.

Customers are assigned automatically upon payment via the paypal or other payment modules (other payment modules available in the PRO version).

Customers are assigned to advert models. In the model you can setup the options of the ads, such as price, ad lifetime and others.

Try to install the sample data, there you will find 4 models with different settings.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
27 Aug 2010 23:10 #2170

Can anyone explain how the Customer module works in KSadvertiser component? I was hoping it would be automatically get populated when a user registers and then when they upgrade to a different account.
I do have community builder running with the plug in to display My Ads tab.
any help would be most appreciated as I am new to the compenent.